The cardiovascular diseases have become a big health issue these days and in addition to that, common term ‘high cholesterol’has also became a big threat. Tremendous research has been done by Indian doctors especially the best cardiologists in Delhi to find the best solution to these problems.
It is very essential to know about the factors that can have negative effect on your body as suggested by the best heart specialist doctor in Delhi. One such thing is Cholesterol which is a fatty substance produced by the human body and also found in some foods. It is a needed thing in the human body to run all the body work efficiently but in a limited quantity.Excessive amount of cholesterol gets stored in the different parts of the human body; in the inner walls of the blood vessels and arteries; and interrupts the regular flow of blood in the human body and creates the cardiovascular problem in the human body.
There are two types of cholesterol –
- HDL i.e. High-Density Lipoprotein, also called good cholesterol as it protects our body from heart diseases
- LDL i.e. Low-Density Lipoprotein which is called bad cholesterol as it blocks the blood vessels which can cause the heart problem.
There is another type of fat which is called Triglycerides. The presence of the high level of triglyceride and low levels of HDL in our body can lead our body to a high risk of heart problem. Apart from these three, there is another one i.e. VLDL or Very Low-Density Lipoprotein and it is also regarded as bad when it is high.
Lipid profile test is normally done to know the cholesterol level in a human body.
There is a tendency of rising cholesterol in the human body after the age 20. Men are more prone to have a high cholesterol level in body than women. In women, normally the cholesterol level starts to increase after their menopause.
In cases wherethere is high level of cholesterol, sometimes medicine is not enough for treatment. Patient may need to undergo invasive or non-invasive procedure by the best heart specialist doctor in Delhi for getting rid of heart problem caused by variation in cholesterol levels.
The total cholesterol present in the body is total amount of HDL and LDL and one fifth of the total Triglyceride present in body i.e.
Total cholesterol = Total HDL + Total LDL + 0.2 x Total Triglyceride.
The measurement of cholesterol is done in milligram (mg) per 1 decilitre (dl) of blood.
- When the amount of total cholesterol is less than 200 mg/dl, then it is considered as the ideal level of cholesterol in the human body.
- When the amount of total cholesterol is 200 to 239 mg/dl, then it is considered as borderline high-level cholesterol in the human body.
- When the amount of total cholesterol is more than 240 mg/dl, then it is considered as a high-level cholesterol in the human body.
When the cholesterol level falls in borderline high level, then the best cardiologist in Delhi would prescribe you a low cholesterol diet plan. When the cholesterol level is high i.e. more than 240 mg/dl, then you would be considered in high risk zone of cardiovascular disease.