Broken Heart Syndrome is caused when some part of the heart stops working or has a reduced activity. Best heart surgeon in India needs to be contacted on immediate basis, in such a situation. This condition normally happens when there is a sudden increase in the stress level or there is the death of someone very close to you.
It can also be triggered by accompanying factors like illness or a recent robotic cardiac surgery in Delhi. Broken heart syndrome is also known as takotsubo cardiomyopathy or stress cardiomyopathy. Usually, the symptoms of the broken heart syndrome restore back in some days or weeks after the stress levels are normalized.
Symptoms of the broken heart syndrome include – chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, low blood pressure, nausea, etc.
Some of the causes that can increase the chances of broken heart syndrome include:
- A sudden death of a close person
- Some medical diagnosis
- Domestic abuse
- Job loss
- Sudden winning and losing of money, etc.
Apart from the emotional phases of life, there could be an increase in stress level due to the use of certain drugs like epinephrine, duloxetine, venlafaxine etc.
In the broken heart disease, there is not a complete blockage of the heart but a temporarily reduced flow of the blood to the heart. Thorough check up by one of the best heart surgeon in India is essential to know what has exactly happened to your heart.
Risk factors accompanying Broken Heart Syndrome
Some of the risk factors that accompany a broken heart syndrome include:
- Sex – It is observed that women are at a higher risk because of their genetic makeup.
- Age – Usually people aged above 50 are more prone to it.
- Neurological disorders -People having neurological disorders like head injury, seizure etc. are at a greater risk of broken heart syndrome.
- Psychiatric disorder – People having any past history of any psychiatric disorder such as depression, anxiety, etc., or are suffering from any of these have a greater chance of having broken heart syndrome.
Diagnosis and treatment:
Diagnosis – It is similar to any other heart disease.
- Physical examination and history of the patient
- Blood tests
- Chest X-Ray etc.
Treatment -Your surgeon performing robotic cardiac surgery in Delhi will prescribe medicines that are similar to treating a heart failure. Some of the medicines used for treatment include:
- ACE inhibitors
These drugs help to restore the normal activity of the hearts. In rare cases, a cardiac surgery may also be required. With the advancement in medicine and surgery, robotic cardiac surgeries are performed nowadays. This surgical facility is also widely available in the hospitals of Delhi; even the best cardiac surgeons in India are using this new technology.
Complications: In most cases, people recover from this in some weeks after the stressful situation subsides. However, in some cases the complications are higher. These include:
- Pulmonary edema: This is the accumulation of fluid in the lungs of the person.
- Low blood pressure (hypotension)
- Disruption in the normal heartbeat
- Heart failure
Prevention: Relapse of broken heart syndrome is rare but can happen in some cases.
Prevention of the relapse includes:
- Beta blockers or similar medications that reduce the stress-induced effects on the heart.
- Stress management – One should also try to find the reason of stress and try to recover from that situation.