Lobectomy Surgery In Delhi, India
It is surgical procedure of removal of a lobe of an organ which means removal of a section of lung which is badly damaged or diseases or prevents cancer from the spreading.
In the procedure the affected lobe of lung will removed because the healthy tissue is spared to maintain healthy function of the lung.
How does lobectomy regulated?
There will be different type of lobectomy and each one will performed differently. Most of them will perform via thoractomies, which mean we will make small incision on the side of the chest between two ribs and perform this surgery and remove the effected lobe.
Other alternatives is via traditional throactomy in which we make three small incisions and one large incision around surgical area and then perform the surgery. We also doing with open chest also.
Advantages of Lobectomy?
- It help to stop/ slow the spreading of cancer
- It also help to spreading the infections and other diseases
- It also remove the effected portion of lung which are badly damages
- It also prevent the adequate blood flow to other part of the body after removes effected lobe
Preparation for a lobectomy
- Patient needs atleast 8 hours of fasting before perform the surgeries. Most often no eating after midnight
- smokers are asked to stop smoking prior to a lobectomy because this will help the patient to recover faster
- most patients receive a sedative which mean we give general anaesthesia before the surgery to help them relax.
Outlook after the Lobectomy
- All the patient need to stay almost 7-8 days of hospital stays after the surgery.
- most of the patient return to go their normal duties after few days of discharged
- Patient avoid heavy lifting for 6-12weeks after the surgery. The patient can lift upto 10kg until the doctor determines physical fitness
- the doctor will also explained a plan of care and activity level, diet while incisions heal.
- Regular follow-up need to be undertake by taking prior appointment just to check status of incisons, medicine and X-ray just to make sure the area of removed lobe is healing properly.
If the things goes well the patient will fully healed in less than 3 months